lunes, 19 de abril de 2010

Favourite Movie




Well, this time we most talk about one of our favourite movies. It isn´t easy to choose one, because I like lots of movies, like "Saving Private Ryan", "Back to the Future", all the Star Wars saga, all the Indiana Jones saga and others like "Top Gun" or "The Last Samurai".

But today we most choose only one, so I must talk about "Pirates of the Caribbean: The curse of the Black Pearl"

This story is about a bizarre pirate captain who has lost his ship on a mutiny when he tried too find a treasure island, a treasure with an aztec curse. The crew found the treasure without the captain, but became doomed. Now the ship (called "Black Pearl")is like a phantom ship, assaulting and sinking every single ship on her way, searching how to become free of the curse.



The Black Pearl, in the assault of Port Royal


Captain Barbossa, Undead captain of the Black Pearl

The beggining of the story it´s on the British colony of Port Royal, when Jack Sparrow arrive at the time that his boat sunks. Searching a ship to comandeer he became envolved in problems with the governor´s daughter and with her friend, a blacksmith and fencer. The girld became kiddnaped when the Black Pearl assault the port, and Sparrow beggins an adventure with the blacksmith (William Turner) to recover his old Ship and the girl. They Hijack the HMS "Interceptor" (the fastest frigate on the caribbean) and sail to the buccaneer port island of Tortuga, recluited a mad crew and began the pursuit, escaping at the same time of the British Royal Navy (With the Man´o War flagship "HMS Dauntless"), searching for the girl too, and trying to recover (or sunk) the stolen HMS Interceptor.

I won´t tell you all the story, because... YOU MUST WATCH IT!

The First time that I watched this movie was about five years ago, in my best friend´s house (on Valdivia), I was a fan of the pirates tales before that, and at the beggining I didn´t expect much of a pirate´s film made by Disney. but soon I became trapped by the scrip, the scenes (they have very realistic details), the naval battles, and more than everything else: the funny touch... Jack Sparrow is a joke by himself, like an everdrunken greedy and liar captain. Captain Barbossa is the bad guy, but a wise, and very cleaver (but greedy and cold hearted) gentleman. Will Turner is like the tipical "want to be hero", but always made mistakes and miscalculations, brave but not so wise.

Resuming, It´s a very untipical movie, because it isn´t like all the disney movies (for kids...) and not like the tipical historical or adventure movies. Action, romance, drama, terror and funny aren´t normal all in one movie, but in this one, the mixure was great.

The Other two movies (The Dead Man´s Chest, like the song on "The Treasure Island") and "At the World End" are very very great movies too, But in my opinion, this one, the first, it isn´t a good movie, it´s a terrific one

5 comentarios:

  1. Ohhhhhh
    I knew it!!!!!
    As forget the pirates of caribean!!!!
    Great movie, great actors.. above all Jhonny Deep ahhhhhhh!!!!! I love him!!!!
    Kiss
    See you in the class
    XOXO

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hi david!!ufff! you are good at writing in English jajaja , I saw the first part of the movie and I loved it, I will see the other films!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. yooooooooooooooooooooooooooho
    yooooooooooooooooooho
    a pirates for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    the black pearl, the cracken, captain barbosa and running sparrow hahahahahhahaa.

    great film

    ResponderEliminar
  4. yoho yoho
    a pirates life for me (thats the song mario... XD)

    We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
    Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    We burn up the city, we're really a fright,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

    We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

    ResponderEliminar